[Feedback] Site Feedback: regarding GRMZM no and Zm00001 no

feedback at gramene.org feedback at gramene.org
Fri Sep 16 19:56:21 EDT 2016

URL         :

Subject     : Site Feedback: regarding GRMZM no and Zm00001 no

Name        : Rachel Wang

Email       : rwang at gate.sinica.edu.tw

Comments    :

Hi
We usually use and see gene model (in papers) as GRMZM.... numbers.  Why the new genome assembly uses different nomenclature as Zm00001...

What are the difference? one from MaizeGDB and the other from Gramene?  Do they exactly correspond? where we can get the corresponding table?  which one we should use for analyses, for example RNAseq dataset?
Thank you so much.

http://www.warelab.org/bugs/view.php?id=5468