[Ngasp-help] Fwd: nGASP manuscript

Tristan Fiedler fiedler at fit.edu
Fri Jul 18 10:36:48 EDT 2008

Does anything need to be done regarding Chengzhi's comment below?

TJF

Begin forwarded message:

From: Chengzhi Liang <liang at cshl.edu>
Date: July 18, 2008 10:25:05 AM EDT
To: "Dr. Tristan J. Fiedler" <fiedler at fit.edu>
Subject: Re: nGASP manuscript

Hi Tristan,

Thanks for the manuscript.
I think I eventually find out what's Richard(?) was talking about when
he told me once that the genes I provided in nGASP had some
inconsistency: some with stop codon, some without. This is because I
used two separate Ensembl modules to build all the genes. One of them
append stop codon at the end of CDS, but the other doesn't. I didn't
noticed this before because I never compared the genes built by these
two modules at the CDS level. The protein level is always the same. I
don't know how much this affected my results, but maybe you guys want
to know this.

Chengzhi