[Feedback] Site Feedback: sorghum gene ID vs transcript isoform ID

feedback at gramene.org feedback at gramene.org
Fri Nov 1 15:06:30 EDT 2019

URL         : http://ensembl.gramene.org/Sorghum_bicolor/Gene/Summary?g=SORBI_3001G371900;r=1:66007310-66010619

Subject     : sorghum gene ID vs transcript isoform ID

Name        : Pankaj Jaiswal

Email       : jaiswalp at science.oregonstate.edu

Comments    : Please check. In order to be consistent, we display the transcript isoform IDs that includes gene_ID+ and isoform (.1/.2/.3) e.g. OS01Gxxxxx.1/OS01Gxxxxx.2/OS01Gxxxxx.2

In this case we are displaying the Uniprot IDs in the detail view of gene page and on the browser and that is confusing the users to an extent that they can't see whether these isoforms are from the same gene.

http://www.warelab.org/bugs/view.php?id=5869