[Feedback] Site Feedback: Citation question

feedback at gramene.org feedback at gramene.org
Mon Sep 15 17:17:55 EDT 2014

URL         : http://ensembl.gramene.org/Zea_mays/Info/Index

Subject     : Site Feedback: Citation question

Name        : Michelle Facette

Email       : mfacette at ucsd.edu

Comments    :

Hi,

We're about to submit a manuscript which includes a proteomics dataset.  Our database to search for peptides was created using the working gene set, version 5a.59 of the genome, from a now defunct URL (http://ftp.maizesequence.org/current/working-set/, using file ZmB73_5a_WGS_translations.fasta.gz).  Do you have any suggestions for citations other than (or in addition to) the Schnable et al. 2009 paper? One that is specific for that release?  Normally I include were we FTP'd the dataset from, but since the URL is now defunct I was wondering if there was an alternative for that particular release. I can find the most recent release, but not earlier ones.

http://www.warelab.org/bugs/view.php?id=5032