[Feedback] Site Feedback: wrongly annotated?

feedback at gramene.org feedback at gramene.org
Wed Aug 13 17:55:19 EDT 2014

URL         : http://tools.gramene.org/search?query=GRMZM2G152908

Subject     : Site Feedback: wrongly annotated?

Name        : Subbaiah Chalivendra

Email       : schalivendra at lsu.edu

Comments    :

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve coding and upstream sequences for maize sucrose synthase gene ZmSUS1 (gene model: GRMZM2G152908). It is mapped to chr9: 122219990-122227063. When I downloaded the sequence and did a blastx search on NCBI, I am getting alignment with putative transposase or transposon protein sequences rather than sucrose synthase. I appreciate to know whether the region has been mis-annotated. I also want to know how I can obtain the correct SUS1 genomic sequence complete with its upstream regulatory sequence.

thanks very much,
Subbaiah

http://www.warelab.org/bugs/view.php?id=5004