[Gramene-announce] Gramene 28 released

Ken Youens-Clark kyclark at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 16:12:58 EDT 2008

We are happy to announce the second release of the Gramene database
for 2008.  This release (#28) includes upgrades to the latest released
versions for our Ensembl genome browser (version 50) and CMap (1.01)
comparative map viewer.  We also now have a new web services page (http://www.gramene.org/documentation/web_services.html
) that outlines the many ways to access Gramene's databases
programmatically.  Our markers database includes updated sequences
from GenBank and EST cluster libraries from NCBI, TGI, MMP and PUT, as
well as several new microarray data sets.  Our genes database features
several new iron-uptake genes, and both our Pathways database and
genome browser now boast 10 species.  Please note that our Mart
service will be available in October.

For more detailed information, please refer to the release notes here:

	http://www.gramene.org/db/help?state=current_release_notes

Regards,

The Gramene team