[Gramene-announce] Gramene build 27 released

Ken Youens-Clark kclark at cshl.edu
Mon May 12 12:20:00 EDT 2008

Dear Gramene users,

We are happy to announce the release of our 27th build of the Gramene
website.  Some of the highlights for this release include:

- Four new species added to the genome browser:
-- Oryza glaberrima short arm
-- Sorghum bicolor
-- Vitis vinifera (grape)
-- Populus trichocarpain (poplar)

- The markers database contains a total of 30M markers including up-to-
date nucleotide sequences of all Viridiplantae contained in the NCBI
Genbank Core Nucleotide, dbEST, and dbGSS division.

- Introduced Gazetteer (GAZ) ontology to describe places, place names
and the relations between them to annotate the source site of
germplasm collection

- New SorghumCyc 1.0 pathways beta release

- New RiceCyc 2.0 pathways release

- New sorghum diversity database

For the complete release notes, please see here:

	http://www.gramene.org/db/help?state=current_release_notes

This is our first release since moving to our 6-month cycle, so you
can expect to see build 28 in the fall.  Thank you for your continued
use and support of Gramene, and please let us know of any problems,
concerns or suggestions you have:

  	http://www.gramene.org/db/feedback/send_feedback

The Gramene team