New Gramene Website Layout

Claire Hebbard cer17 at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 3 15:54:30 EST 2006

Gramene announces release of new website layout.

Based upon the needs of and feedback from Gramene users, we would like to
announce the release of a new look to the Gramene home page and navigation
(www.gramene.org).

Gramene's new navigation bar now uses drop-down menus and the following
navigation:
    *  Clicking on the Gramene logo will return users to the Gramene Home
Page.
    * All Gramene databases can be searched from the "Search" option on the
menu bar.
    * "Genomes" offers a quick links for browsing the rice, maize and
Arabidopsis genomes.
    * "Download" provides links to important download pages for
installation of the Gramene databases onto individual computers.
    *  "Resources" hosts links to our species pages, links page, rice
genome newsletters, glossary and "submit a term" pages.
    * All Help files are listed under the "help" tab, including release
notes, tutorials, help files, FAQs and other documentation.
    * The lower navigation bar offers quick links to available species pages.

Other Home Page features include:
    * Quick links to specific information, including species and data
specific information.
    * Identification of the current Gramene release number and date.
    * A general search option
    * Gramene Tips
    * Rice genetic News
    * Gramene Outreach Calendar

To learn more about Gramene Navigation, review the navigation tutorial
available at:
<http://www.gramene.org/tutorials/navigation.html>http://www.gramene.org/tutorials/navigation.html

Or attend a Gramene workshop:
    * At the Plant and Animal Genome XIV Conference on Jan 17, 2006
(http://www.intl-pag.org/14/14-gramene.html)
    * At the 31st annual Rice Technical Working Group meeting on Feb 25,
2006 (http://beaumont.tamu.edu/RTWG2006/GrameneWorkshop.asp?mt=gw)

To read Gramene's most recent publication see  P. Jaiswal, J. Ni, I. Yap,
D. Ware, W. Spooner, K. Youens-Clark, L. Ren, C. Liang, W. Zhao, K.
Ratnapu, B. Faga, P. Canaran, M. Fogleman, C. Hebbard, S. Avraham, S.
Schmidt, T. M. Casstevens, E. S. Buckler, L. Stein, and S. McCouch (2006),
Gramene: a bird's eye view of cereal genomes, Nucleic Acids Research,  34,
Database issue D717-D723]
at  http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/34/suppl_1/D717.

Claire E. Hebbard
Gramene Outreach Coordinator
G15 Bradfield Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853

607-255-4199 or
607-255-3103

www.gramene.org

Cereals are mankind's most important source of calories. Gramene can assist
in research on agriculturally important features in rice, maize, wheat and
other grasses.