[Feedback] Site Feedback: hordeum_vulgare vep database to run vep independently in a linux server?

feedback at gramene.org feedback at gramene.org
Wed May 2 11:29:22 EDT 2018

URL         : http://ensembl.gramene.org/Oryza_sativa/Tools/VEP?db=core

Subject     : hordeum_vulgare vep database to run vep independently in a linux server?

Name        : Yong-Bi Fu

Email       : yong-bi.fu at agr.gc.ca

Comments    : Hello Colleagues: I did a few run on your tools portal using vep to assess our barley snps, which works wonderfullly and I really like it. However, your portal is limited to 50MB vcf file. I need to follow Ensembl vep to installl and set up barley v2 vep database so that I can run it indepenntly. However, after vep92 installation and set up barley vep database, I still encounted firewall access to Ensembl server. I work for goverment and release fire wall is nightmare, so I am brave to ask you if I can get your barley vep database so that I can run offline without the firewall issue. Thanks for your assistance.

http://www.warelab.org/bugs/view.php?id=5729