[Feedback] Site Feedback: Mappings of Gene ID and UniProtKB in release #57

feedback at gramene.org feedback at gramene.org
Mon Apr 30 16:07:51 EDT 2018

URL         : http://ensembl.gramene.org/genome_browser/index.html

Subject     : Mappings of Gene ID and UniProtKB in release #57

Name        : SUSHMA NAITHANI

Email       : sushma.naithani at gmail.com

Comments    :
I see in the release #57 problems with mapping of Gene IDs to UniProtKB IDS.

In Arabidopsis: the description on gene page: describes gene in the context of UniProt ID, which is conceptually confusing. Ideally, the transcripts and splice variants should be mapped to the UniProt protein ID. Secondly, genes should be described with its functional annotation.

http://ensembl-dev.gramene.org/Arabidopsis_thaliana/Gene/Summary?db=core;g=AT3G52080;r=3:19314966-19317988;t=AT3G52080.1

In rice, I see gene summary, where Os05g0113900 is associated with 8 UniProtKB  IDs though it has only 1 splice variant. This is very confusing and then when I click A2WQG7, it has no reference to this rice gene ID and shows gold standard.

on http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/A2WQG7

Best
Sushma

http://www.warelab.org/bugs/view.php?id=5724