[Feedback] Problem with association of Genes and UniProtKB

Sushma Naithani sushma.naithani at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 16:03:27 EDT 2018

Hi

I see in the release #57 problems with mapping of Gene IDs to UniProtKB IDS.

In Arabidopsis: the description on gene page: describes gene in the context
of UniProt ID, which is conceptually confusing. Ideally, the transcripts
and splice variants should be mapped to the UniProt protein ID. Secondly,
genes should be described with its functional annotation.

http://ensembl-dev.gramene.org/Arabidopsis_thaliana/Gene/Summary?db=core;g=AT3G52080;r=3:19314966-19317988;t=AT3G52080.1

In rice, I see gene summary, where Os05g0113900 is associated with 8
UniProtKB  IDs though it has only 1 splice variant. This is very confusing
and then when I click A2WQG7, it has no reference to this rice gene ID and
shows gold standard.

on http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/A2WQG7

Best
Sushma