[Feedback] Site Feedback: GVF - VCF - VEP links broken

feedback at gramene.org feedback at gramene.org
Fri May 1 13:04:48 EDT 2015

URL         : http://ensembl.gramene.org/Oryza_sativa/Info/Index

Subject     : Site Feedback: GVF - VCF - VEP links broken

Name        : Marcela K Tello-Ruiz

Email       : mmonaco at cshl.edu

Comments    :

This is a recurrent problem in every release for all species pages: the GVF - VCF - VEP links trigger a 505 error (Failed to change directory).

Failing URLs take the form:

ftp://ftp.gramene.org/pub/gramene/release-45/vcf/zea_mays/
(substitute for gvf or the vep compressed file name)

Since we only have VCFs for rice & wheat that will be made available on the browser & Mart in b45:
ftp://ftp.gramene.org/pub/gramene/release45/data/vcf/

We should really be pointing to the corresponding ftp on EG. Example:

ftp://ftp.ensemblgenomes.org/pub/plants/release-26/vcf/zea_mays/

Here is the summary FTP page at EG:
http://plants.ensembl.org/info/website/ftp/index.html

Thanks,

Marcela