[Feedback] Site Feedback: Chromosome "0"

feedback at gramene.org feedback at gramene.org
Fri Sep 19 17:16:43 EDT 2014

URL         : http://ensembl.gramene.org/Zea_mays/Info/Index

Subject     : Site Feedback: Chromosome "0"

Name        : Gokhan

Email       : gkir at iastate.edu

Comments    :

Hello,

I have a question. I heard that unassembled maize sequences are collected on "chromosome 0". Is that right? If that's true is there way to blast a sequence of interest against chromosome 0.

If this is not true. Would you give me any suggestions for a problem I have? I have a gene which is missing its 5' prime and,probably some exons and UTR. I couldnt find any EST for the sequence in maize databases. And all my experiments to find this missing end failed. Probably my gene is misassembled, because it is at the beginning of a BAC sequence.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.warelab.org/bugs/view.php?id=5037