[Feedback] Site Feedback: Sequence Ontology compatible GFF3 Format

feedback at gramene.org feedback at gramene.org
Tue Nov 25 11:04:28 EST 2014

URL         : http://www.gramene.org/outreach

Subject     : Site Feedback: Sequence Ontology compatible GFF3 Format

Name        : Kokulapalan wimalanathan

Email       : kokulapalan at gmail.com

Comments    :

hi,
I have been working on getting a Jbrowse instance setup. I have tried to import the GFF3 file for maize which I downloaded from Gramene. The file that was downloaded was incompatible with the Jbrowse perl scripts to import the GFF3 files. Especially the attributes which are given in all uppercase are breaking the script.

I see that this format is not the one specified by the sequence ontology. Is there a way to change the output format so that it is more compatible with the other tools available for genome & gff3 related analysis and visualization.

http://www.warelab.org/bugs/view.php?id=5076