[Feedback] Site Feedback: A error occured when I using pathway tools

feedback at gramene.org feedback at gramene.org
Thu Nov 20 04:21:13 EST 2014

URL         : http://pathway.gramene.org/RICE/organism-summary?

Subject     : Site Feedback: A error occured when I using pathway tools

Name        : Luke

Email       : lukewang.729 at gmail.com

Comments    :

Hi,

I just installed the Pathway Tools for my bachelor end project recently, I need to use the omics viewer in that software. There is a error that always occurred when I installing Ricecyc into this software. The detail of my operation is
1. open pathway genome database (PGDB) registry in Pathway Tools.
2. type in the plant's name" oryza sativa" into the option "Find organism PGDBs".
3. select the organism I required and click the button "Fetch and install selected PGDBs".
4. click several buttons "I agree", "I understand", and it goes to the installation.
5. then the error occurred.

Strangely, I can do this same operation with "Arabidopsis thaliana"  without any errors. But when it come to oryza sativa (rice), the problem occurred.
I also try the manual way to install this PGDBs, but there are more problems. So I am thinking maybe you guys could help me, I would really appreciated it if you could give some useful suggestion.
And in plantcyc there is also a oryza sativa database, it seem different to your oryza sativa database. I think the PGDBs I installed is from plantcyc. But how to get your oryza sativa in pathway tools?

Operating System: Windows 8
Version of ptools: 18.5

Sincerely,
Luke