[Feedback] Site Feedback: Gramene Ontology data on ftp site

Marcela K. Monaco mmonaco at cshl.edu
Tue Nov 4 18:20:34 EST 2014

Hi Cathy,

I'm so sorry that our release notes have not been updated and have mislead
you.

Gramene's ontology DB is built from various ontology sources including
AmiGO and Ensembl gene/marker tables.  Our FTP files were last created on
August of 2014.

I am bit puzzled myself about the records displayed on the FTP files as
looking closely at an example (AT3G18710), they differ slightly different
from other resources:

AmiGO:
http://amigo.geneontology.org/amigo/gene_product/TAIR:locus:2093974

UniProt:
http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/Q9LSA6

QuickGO:
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/QuickGO/GProtein?ac=Q9LSA6

and so are our own and Ensembl Plants records (Ontology section)...

http://ensembl.gramene.org/Arabidopsis_thaliana/Gene/Summary?db=core;g=AT3G18710;r=3:6434083-6435561;t=AT3G18710.1
OR
http://plants.ensembl.org/Arabidopsis_thaliana/Gene/Summary?g=AT3G18710;r=3:6434083-6435561;t=AT3G18710.1;db=core

Marcela