[Feedback] [Website feedback] Bulk download of maize data in Gramene

qunfeng.dong at unt.edu qunfeng.dong at unt.edu
Tue Jan 14 18:51:01 EST 2014

Qunfeng Dong (qunfeng.dong at unt.edu) sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.gramene.org/contact.

Dear Gramene team:

Excellent presentation at PAG, and really amazing (and tremendous amount of)
work!

I am sending this feedback as a my wish list:

1).  I'd like to download the whole-genome alignment between maize and
sorghum

2). I'd like to download ALL the ortholog/parolog data between maize and
sorghum, and between maize and rice.

3). For every track available at the maize browser,  is it possible to
provide the corresponding data files (e.g., GFF3, BED, WIG, or whatever the
data you have used to load to your genome browser) at your FTP site?

4). I'd like to download your DAGchainer result for identifying synteny
between maize and rice, between maize and sorghum.

The reason for the above request is that I am involved in a maize project
http://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward?AWD_ID=1238202&HistoricalAwards=false,
which is producing some expression and genetics data.   It's just much easier
for us to download all the valuable maize data at Gramene for our local
analysis.  It will be also very helpful for us to build a local database for
our project to enable our biologists to mine their data in the context of all
the wonderful data you have produced.

Thanks for all your great work!

Qunfeng