[Feedback] Site Feedback: extracting more than one snp

Marcela K. Monaco mmonaco at cshl.edu
Fri Aug 22 15:52:29 EDT 2014

Hi Christine,

Thanks for the compliments.

There are a couple of ways to extract SNP data from Gramene.  One is via
the genome browser (http://ensembl.gramene.org/genome_browser/), which is
only practical if you are interested in one gene.  The other one is the
Gramene Mart utility at http://ensembl.gramene.org/biomart/martview which
allows you query a single gene, a set of genes (just make a list) or genes
within a genomic region.

On the browser, you need to go to your gene of interest (e.g.,
http://ensembl.gramene.org/Oryza_sativa/Gene/Summary?db=core;g=OS05G0113900;r=5:726144-751143;t=OS05T0113900-01),
then from the left side bar select "Variation table" (or image) and "Export
Data".  Even more informative it might be the gene's corresponding
"Transcript" page (e.g.,
http://ensembl.gramene.org/Oryza_sativa/Transcript/Summary?db=core;g=OS05G0113900;r=5:726144-751143;t=OS05T0113900-01),
click on "Variations" and then on the little Excel table icon on the top
right corner of the Variations table.  Or "Export Data"

On the Mart, select the "Plant Variation" database, then species, and
appropriate filters (including specifying a list of genes if you so
desired).

Have fun!  Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Marcela

==
Marcela Karey Monaco, PhD
Gramene Project Coordinator